06 September 2006

Elvis' banana sandwich

This past weekend my mother and middle sister spent the weekend in Memphis, TN. My sister tried out for American Idol--she didn't make it past the first round of producers. My mother, was there for Graceland. Saturday, my sister called me from the parking lot. My mother was CRYING in the passenger seat. She was so happy to see Graceland. She's a weirdo. So anyway, they bought a recipe book of Elvis' favorite recipes. Now, everyone knows about the fool's gold sandwich--a huge ass sub roll, a jar of grape jelly, a jar of peanut butter, and a pound of bacon. The only place to get that is Denver, CO. Sounds nasty to me. But, his actual favorite sandwich was peanut butter and banana. It's AMAZING. I didn't think banana sandwiches could get any better.

2 slices of bread
1 banana
1-2 table spoons of peanut butter

1. Mash the banana up in a bowl.
2. Add peanut butter. Mix.
3. Spread on the bread.
4. Butter the outside of the sandwich and toast it in a frying pan.

OMG. It's delicious. I had one for supper. I bet it would be just as good if you mashed the banana and added mayo instead of peanut butter. I'll try that later.

No comments: