10 July 2007

Wedded Bliss




On June 22, 2007 at 8:00pm in Atlanta's Magnolia Hall at Piedmont Park I married my best friend, my heart and soul...my whole world. It was a mass ceremony with all kinds of couples from pierced and tattooed kids to older, wiser women and men. There were deaf people, loud and obnoxious people, people holding each other, continuous kissing, huge smiles and lots of love in the room. Though it was short and sweet, I can't imagine it any other way. Her roommate and parents came and took a thousand pictures (I still can't decide which one is my favorite). Afterwards, we ate at Mick's downtown...then there was the honeymoon :D

She worked for a week and a half to orchestrate a surprise for me. I had an idea what it was but I was shocked when it actually came down to it. She blindfolded me and drove me downtown from her dorm room. She walked me through the lobby and up to our room at the Glenn Hotel. Inside, she'd lit tea light candles and spread rose petals in a trail from the door to the bed. It was the most beautiful, romantic thing I've ever experienced. We stayed there Friday and Saturday night. It ended way too soon.

Now we're as happy as ever, perfect newlyweds. I can't imagine being any happier than I am now.

2 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

Saw your entry on TLL... welcome to my blogroll! LOL

Congratulations!! :)

Bon Chenaux said...

CONGRATS! You make a beautiful couple!